There are no minimum order sizes: 1 bag to 1000 bags has the same $85/unit price.
Orders can be placed in multiple ways depending upon what is easiest for you.
1. You can purchase through our website in which you submit an order for however many units you are looking to purchase. Add what seed you want to order to your cart. Then, the checkout flow includes calculating shipping price based on your farm's location and unloading options. Once you submit an order, our system will send an online payable invoice via Quickbooks. Orders are not considered final until payment is received.
2. You can also give us a call and we can take orders over the phone and answer any questions you may have, as well as over email if you prefer.
All purchases are FOB direct shipped (to any of the 48 continental United States) as we do not have regional dealers which is part of what allows us to offer an $85 unit. Once payment has been received, we will book shipping and send you tracking information once it is available. If you have any questions or concerns during the process, please don't hesitate to reach out and we will assist you.
How do I pay?
The last step of the checkout process gives you three options for payment:
1. Mail a check -- This is the slowest method available and orders are not considered final (no seed reserved) until payment has been received.
2. e check / ACH payment -- This is the most convenient method as it processes fast and without a transaction fee. This requires your checking account's: routing number, account number, and bank name. All information that is already found on your checks.
3. Credit Card -- This method is also fast, but does carry a processing fee. We are charged 2.9% for processing credit cards.
Do you have any yield data?
Yes! We have yield data and grower testimonials throughout different parts of the country. Email [email protected] for more information.
What is the treated seed treated with? Is it all treated?
As far as seed treatment goes we are using a Fungicide/Insecticide treatment: Nufarm products which are Sativa, Sebring, Senator and Spirato. Active ingredients are: Tebuconazole, Metalaxyl, Imidacloprid, Fludioxonil.
When you order, you can choose treated or untreated. Untreated availability will need to be confirmed and we will contact you if untreated is unavailable when placing an order.
Is your seed roundup ready?
No it is not.
As far as herbicide program, I would reach out to your local chemical dealer or coop.
Simple recommendations based on no till:
-Grass control is the most important weed issue with conventional/non-gmo corn. You can utilize a burndown such as round up but cannot spay over growing crop. It is recommended to use a good pre-emergent such as Dual II Magnum, Harness, Outlook, or Surpass NXT if you are no-till.
-Accent Q can be used post emergence for grass control in corn but is relatively expensive.
-Broadleaf weeds can be controlled with Atrazine and 2,4-D or any other broadleaf herbicide labeled for use in corn. While we hope this helps, we recommend getting in contact with your local chemical dealer for more detailed instructions.
Can I pick up the seed to save on shipping?
No. We utilize a 3rd party for warehousing and distribution in order to service shipping throughout the country.
Do you have seed for my area? How do I know which seed for my area?
We ship all over the continental United States.
We are working on a geographical selection tool, but in the meantime please don't hesitate to reach out with questions for your specific location.
How many seeds are in a unit? What is the seed size?
A unit is an 80,000 kernel bag. If you would like a particular seed shape or size, get in touch with us prior to ordering and we will do our best to get you exactly what you need.
What do you mean by conventional?
No genetically modified traits (non roundup-ready, BT, etc.).
Where are you located? Where is the local rep?
Our offices are located in Omaha, Nebraska, and the seed is produced here in the midwest.
We do not have any local dealers, which is part of how we can offer $85/unit of corn.
Do you have a catalog or more literature?
No we do not. Our website is our catalog. If you'd like to discuss more or have any specific questions about our hybrids, please don't hesitate to contact us for more information.
Is this seed organic?
It is not certified organic. However, it is conventional non-genetically modified yellow corn that is available untreated upon request.
What is your replant policy?
We do not have a replant policy and the reason for that is that we believe we can save farmers significantly more money by not including that associated cost into every bag. We strive to be a no frills, lost cost provider of quality genetics and part of that model includes cutting the costs associated with replant. Our goal is to bring maximum value to the farmer and when we looked at a replant policy, we determined it to be more beneficial to provide seed at a extremely affordable price in exchange for providing replant.